Saturday, October 21, 2017

Page 17 - So Many Pits, So Little Time!



Weekends at the Club
In college, my best friend Larry called me up one Friday night with an emergency request.  His bar buddies had abandoned him at a gay night club, so he needed a ride home.  Due to my strict, conservative upbringing, I'd never had alcohol nor had I ever been inside a bar, much less a gay one.  I was still wearing my dress shirt and tie from my part-time job so I knew I was overdressed for the establishment.  Over the phone I reluctantly agreed to pick him up, but insisted that we not stay.  

When I entered the loud, colorful club I spotted Larry joyously dancing underneath the disco ball alone.  He turned and looked my direction as I stood at the edge of the dance floor, nervously motioning for us to leave.  However, in his typical, persuasive way he grabbed both my arms, led me to the center of the action and begged me to stay for just one dance.

With the booming, techno disco beat blaring, Larry undid my neck tie and started to shake me by the shoulders and yell, "Loosen up and dance Enrique, dance!"  Problem was I grew up in a home that also didn't allow dancing, so this was all  new to me.

I surveyed the crowd surrounding us for examples of good dancers and tried to copy their moves.  As I looked around I noticed that many guys were missing their shirts!  What a crazy sight to see them raise their arms in the air, without any cares, exposing their sweaty underarms in public.  Of course, I was way too self-conscious to take off my dress shirt and join the free spirits.  However, I had found my new weekend tradition (dancing at the gay bar with Larry) and my new weekend hobby (spotting delicious, disco pits on the dance floor).  ---  No matter how late we stayed out every time, I never got enough.


(Photos of various club goers found online.)

I'd love for us to keep in touch!  So, I invite you to my main 3 online platforms:

Follow my Armpit Lover blog, here on Blogger @Confessions Of An Armpit Lover . ---  Click the follow button on this page to keep up with the latest postings.

Enjoy more armpit entertainment on my Pinterest page @pinterest,com/enriquehenry100 .

You can also connect with me on Twitter @enriquehenry100 .


NOTE: Simply click on the yellow links to get you to the sites.


Feel free to leave a comment below or share a memory.

No comments: