Saturday, November 25, 2017

Page 46 - The Night David Drake Sat On My Lap

An Unforgettable Night At The Theater

When I was in my twenties, my best friend Larry and I got a few friends together to go see the one-man play The Night Larry Kramer Kissed Me, at a tiny theater in our town's gay district.  The big selling point of this production was that it starred the author of the play, the very good looking David Drake.  Seating was on a first come basis, so we showed up early and scored great seats on the front row, which were on equal level with the small performance area.

The Night Larry Kramer Kissed Me is a semi-autobiographical show.  "Broken up into a series of stories, Drake abstractly documents a gay man's journey of self-discovery, while also addressing the AIDS crisis that plagued the community in the 1980s." (Wikipedia)

As the audience slowly filed in I noticed that I was the only person wearing dress clothes and a tie.  Most folks were wearing t-shirts and jeans, some wore shorts and flip-flops.  My friends often scolded me for overdressing to events.

The first half of the play was enthralling and lots of fun.  After intermission, the lights turned down and this time David Drake came from behind the curtain fully naked!  He walked silently around the floor staring into the audience, then began his dialogue.  After a few lines, he spotted me on the front row and walked my way.  I desperately avoided his gaze, silently praying, "Please don't come my way!  Please don't come my way!"  so of course, he came my way and stopped right in front of my seat.

Suddenly the spotlight was on me, the most overdressed person in the room, with David, the most under-dressed one.

He must have noticed that I was nervous, so he smiled and tenderly brushed the hair off my forehead.  Then to my shock he slowly sat his naked body on my lap!  My friends and the rest of the audience howled with laughter at my blushing, uncomfortable state.  The handsome actor leaned in and put one arm around my shoulders and continued his script.  I held onto the bottom of my seat with both hands, so as not to accidentally touch his perfect body.


Sexy Playwright &  Actor David Drake

Without a single bump or grind against me, David Drake brought an intense, terrifying pleasure to me that my senses will never forget:
  • My sense of touch remembers the surprisingly light weight of his taunt physique on my lap.
  • My sense of sight remembers the shine of his slightly perspiring, toned bare chest and the open, deep armpit resting mere millimeters from my flushed face.
  • My sense of smell remembers the sweet, clean scent of his smooth body, actually smelling cleaner than a freshly bathed baby. He had no hint of cologne or underarm deodorant, yet no one in my life has ever smelled better.
  • As for my sense of taste, my lips stayed tightly shut so as not to invite a public kiss from the gorgeous actor, so I tasted nothing but terror.

The play was a smash hit with the audience that evening and I had my few seconds of fame.  I will never forget The Night Larry Kramer Kissed Me and the night David Drake sat on my lap,... naked.



(Photos for the collage and of David Drake found online.)

I'd love for us to keep in touch!  So, I invite you to my main 3 online platforms:

Follow my Armpit Lover blog, here on Blogger @Confessions Of An Armpit Lover . ---  Click the follow button on this page to keep up with the latest postings.

Enjoy more armpit entertainment on my Pinterest page @pinterest,com/enriquehenry100 .

You can also connect with me on Twitter @enriquehenry100 .

NOTE: Simply click on the yellow links to get you to the sites.



Feel free to leave a comment below or share a memory.

No comments: